Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Introducing Vintage Book Journals

I absolutely fell in love with bookbinding and journal-making, and it didn't take me long to realize that I wanted to keep making them, so I have launched a line of journals for the shop that uses reclaimed vintage books. I do the whole book by hand, from cutting the books apart (carefully!) to sewing and binding them, and I really love the fact that I am able to save these gorgeous book covers and give them a new life. I am researching sources for renewable paper, too, and hope to eventually use recycled paper for the interiors. The tapes may be vintage ribbon, sturdy paper, or reclaimed suede from a purse manufacturer that is gorgeous stuff. Of the pics below, the Art Nouveau Blue Book can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50556512/reclaimed-ornate-vintage-book-art and the red one here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50555074/reclaimed-vintage-book-art-journal The Our Lady of Guadeloupe journal is spoken for, but I will be listing a couple of others this week, and would love to custom create one. The sky really is the limit here, and my plan is to keep them reasonably priced and one of a kind. So that's all my news, and its all pretty exciting. I am buried up to my eyes in papers, boards, suede, and a bunch of new jewelry to list, so hopefully I will be getting caught up in the next week or so!

Posted via email from Firebirdhouse 's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment